Stay Safe and Secure
ibq takes your security very seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information and have put in place a number of measures to ensure your banking is safe and secure.
We have introduced an online security feature with MasterCard® SecureCode™ and Verified by Visa payment and authentication services to protect you while you shop online.
MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa are free, simple to use services, which make it safer for you to shop online using your card. You can create a password, which you can use to verify your transactions everytime. The password is an 'electronic signature' for internet transactions.
What is ibq Card Secure?
How does ibq Card Secure protect me?
Will I need to apply for a new card to use ibq Card Secure?
Do I have to pay for ibq Card Secure?
How do I register for ibq Card Secure
You can register in two ways:
Is registration with ibq Card Secure mandatory?
What cards can I register with ibq Card Secure?
How many cards can I register with ibq Card Secure?
I have registered an ibq card that has a supplementary cardholder. Does that person have to register their card separately or can we share a password?
To register you must provide 3 types of information:
Why do I have to supply personal information during registration?
What is a Personal Message?
What happens if I don't see my personal message or 'Stay safe and secure with ibq'?
What do I do if I have problems during the registration process?
What happens when my registered ibq card expires?
What happens if I cancel my ibq card and then get a new one with a different account number?
What is "Registration during shopping online"?
I have registered my card with ibq Card Secure. Can I register additional cards?
How do I use ibq Card Secure?
How soon after completing my online registration can I begin to use the ibq Card Secure service to make online purchases?
What should I do if I purchase online and I am not asked for my ibq Card Securepassword?
Can I purchase at merchants that do not participate in the ibq Card Secure service?
Where can I view the history of my ibq Card Secure purchases?
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Will using ibq Card Secure guarantee payment of any online purchase?
What facilities are available under Cardholder Services?
How do I access Cardholder Services?
How do I change my Personal Message?
ibq Card Secure is a free online shopping authentication service provided in partnership with MasterCard® SecureCode™ and Verified by Visa.
Please note that as an existing customer of ibq, these terms will apply in addition to those contained in your card account opening agreement, an additional copy of which can be obtained from your local branch
'We', 'Us' are 'Our' are references to International Bank of Qatar (Q.S.C.).
'You' or 'Your' are references to a customer who has an account(s) with us on which the Service is available and who is accessing this website "Site".
'Security Details' means the identifying username, password and any words, codes and numbers agreed between you and us that are used in the security procedure.
'Service' means the authentications service provided by ibq in partnership with MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa known as ibq Card Secure, when accessed using the internet.
Using the Service
1. To register for this Service you must provide us with Security Details to enable us to verify your identity.
3. If you do not provide adequate information to enable us to verify your identity, we will not be able to register you on this Service
4. You must keep your Security Details secret and take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of them.
5. You must not disclose your Security Details to any other person or record your Security Details in any way that may result in them becoming known to another person.
6. Please note that after initial registration or enrolment we will never contact you, or ask anyone to do so on our behalf, with a request to disclose your Security Details in full. If you receive any such request from anyone (even if they are using our name and logo and appear to be genuine) then it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your Security Details to them in any circumstances. You should report any such requests to us immediately.
8. If you suspect someone knows your Security Details you must contact us immediately on +974 4447 8000 and change your Security Details by accessing the Cardholders Services area of this Site. If you fail to do so, you will be liable for any unauthorised transactions on your account confirmed by use of the Security Details.
9. You will be responsible for all instructions received by us between the time you complete the security procedure until you exit from the Service. Please note that this includes any input errors or instructions sent by someone other than yourself so please do not leave the device you are using to access the Service unattended while you are still logged onto our website.
10. For administration or security reasons, we may require you at any time to change your Password before you use (or carry on using) the Service.
11. We may de-activate your access to this Service if we suspect that someone other than yourself is accessing this Service, or if you are using this Service illegally, or if you are not adhering to your card Terms and Condition.
12. You will not use an account aggregation service (ie a service provided by another company that allows you to view all of your bank details on a single website)
13. Telephone calls may be recorded.
14. You are responsible for all transactions carried out using the Service and for repayment of any debt that arises from use of the Service unless you have reported the loss or compromise of your Security Details.
15. The entire content of the Service is subject to copyright and Intellectual property rights with all rights reserved and the information held is for your personal use only. You may not download (all or in part), transmit or modify any part of the Service without our prior permission. However, you may print out part or all of the Service for your own personal use.
16. While we have taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information provided on the Service is accurate, we give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any such information.
17. Opinions and any other contents on the Service are provided by us for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
18. We will accept no liability in any event including (without limitation) negligence for any damages or loss of any kind, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses or losses arising out of, or in connection with your use or inability to use the Service, or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus or system failure, or loss of any profit, goodwill or reputation, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damages arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to other sites from this site.
Availability of the Service
19. While we will make reasonable efforts to provide the Service, we will not be liable for any failure to provide the Service, in part or full, for any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This includes, in particular, any suspension of the Service resulting from maintenance and upgrades to our systems or those of any party used to provide the Service.
Variation/Termination of the Service
20. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
21. The Service may also be liable to change or termination as required by MasterCard International or Visa Inc who run the payment systems for the cards used with your card accounts.
23. You may terminate your registration to the Service by notifying us through the Call Centre on +974 4447 8000.
24. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Service through written notice. We will normally provide you with thirty days written notice, however, in exceptional circumstances, access may be terminated immediately and you will be notified as soon as possible thereafter.
25. Qatari law governs these Terms and Conditions and you agree that the Qatari courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any matter or dispute in connection with or arising out of this Service and these terms and conditions.
26. This agreement is issued in Arabic and English languages. In case of any contradiction or discrepancy the Arabic text shall prevail.
We welcome any comments and concerns you have about this Service. This will provide us with the opportunity to improve our service to all our customers.
During the last few years, usage of the internet has expanded as a new way of shopping across a wider expanse of merchants and products. Unfortunately, at the same time the potential for fraud has increased too.
In 2001, Visa International introduced a new online payment programme as a way of keeping the card use secure on the internet. Verified by Visa enables a cardholder to create a secret credential (such as a Password) that he or she will enter when shopping online as part of the check-out process. This Password is like an 'electronic signature' for internet transactions. Once you "activate" your card in Verified by Visa you will be able to 'sign' the transactions with your own secret Password just like signing the sales slip when you shop in person at a store. Because the security of our customer's financial informaton is important, Brown Shipley and Co Limited offers Verified by Visa free of charge.